FAQ at A & J Used Cars
- Do you finance? Are you Buy Here Pay Here? - No. We don’t offer any in-house financing on any of our vehicles. However, many of our customers acquire their own financing through their bank or credit union and we are happy to provide any information or documents necessary to help with that process.
- Is the price listed a down payment? - No. The price listed is the cash price of the vehicle excluding tax, tag, title, and dealer fees.
- What do I need to buy a car? - Valid state issued ID and an auto insurance policy. If you don’t currently have insurance, we have a company that we deal with that can get you insured same day.
- What methods of payment do you accept? - Cash, debit/credit card, or Cashiers Check from your bank. There is a 3% fee for credit card purchases.
- Do you offer any warranty? - No, all of our cars are sold as-is, but you are welcome to test drive the vehicle and have it inspected by your mechanic prior to purchasing.
- Can I take the car to a mechanic to get it checked out before I buy it? - Yes, absolutely.
- Do you charge additional fees on top of the listed price? - Yes, if you are a North Carolina resident you will have to pay NC Highway Use Tax, NC Registration fee, NC Title Fee, as well as a notary fee. We also charge a doc fee. The total of all these fees is approximately $200-$300 depending on the price of the car.
- Do I have to go to the DMV or Tag Office after purchasing a car from you? - No, not if you are based in NC. We handle registration and title-work for you. You will leave with a 30-day tag. If you are registering the car out of state then yes, we will prepare of packet of paperwork for you to take to your DMV to register the car in your home state.
- Can I register the car out of state? - It depends on the specific car. Please contact us about the car that you are interested in purchasing.